To Make Your Own You'll Need:
- Square Pillow form (I used a 12"x12" size)
- 1/2 yard Luxury Fabric (I used 300 count Cotton)*
- 1 yard Decorative trim or ribbon
- 13 buttons (3 for back closure, 10 decorative for front)
- Sewing Notions (shears/rotary cutter, ruler, disappearing marker/chalk, pins, iron, hand sewing needle, thread & sewing machine)
*What is 300 thread count cotton? A 100% natural long staple Indian Cotton which, as the name says, has a thread count that's higher than most by-the-yard fabric (normal quilting cotton is just 100-200 thread count). This is the material used in good quality bedding & sheets. It has a nice sheen and feels butter soft, yet it's very practical since it's machine washable and really hardwearing. Being 54 inches, wide the yardage is ideal for home accessories too, as they usually have larger widths than other projects.
Stitch buttonholes and cut open. I used some silk thread for my topstitching & buttonholes. It feels softer and has a little extra shimmer to add a nice fancy touch.
With right sides facing up, overlap the back pieces so that the folded top of the smaller piece is 3/4 inch over the bottom fold of the larger piece and pin together on either side:
Now the pillow is ready to add a little luxury flair!
Sharing this with my FAVE LINK PARTIES too-
Click HERE to check them out!