I Spy bag for my 7yr old, but make it Valentine themed. The best part was I only used materials I had on hand, so it was cheap & quick to make. Here's how:
1. I cut out 2 big heart shapes from red fleece and 1 slightly smaller one from pink fleece & then cut out a heart shape in the center 1 red & the pink for the window.
2. I cut a square piece of vinyl from an old storage bag and laid it under the window pieces. I also put a piece of tissue paper under that, so when I stitched them together the vinyl wouldn't stick to my machine. I double stitched said pieces together at the inner edge (you do not want to have this split open while playing) and then stitched again around the outer edge of the pink.
3. Using printable cotton fabric sheets (available at most craft stores). I typed up a list, added some themed clip art and printed it out on my printer. Then I stitched the list onto the back heart.
4. Right sides together I stitched the outer edges of the red together leaving a gap about 2 inches wide to turn right side out.
4. I filled it about 2/3 full with poly beads and added in some buttons, old ponytail holder beads & other trinkets.
5. I tightly ladder stitched the gap closed and ta-da: DONE!