Thursday, July 22, 2010
Today's CraftShare guest is Anji from Starking Crafty Party Ideas who is bringing a little how-to for making these Alice In Wonderland themed favor bags.
Anji's blog is from across the pond in Devon and she's got all kinds of cute crafty ideas for parties - especially the Alice-themed items she's done for her kids. She even has an Etsy shop so you can get some of her goodies too. Now onto how to make those bags:
Party bags with felt shaped pockets
I had this idea for gingham party bags with felt shapes to represent different characters from Alice in Wonderland. We are a little mad on Alice in our house, and we’re planning an Alice theme for my daughter’s 5th birthday party this year.
Then I thought – what if the felt shapes were pockets too – how cool would that be?! We can slip a little something sweet along with a Thank-you note into each pocket..
I made up prototypes of the Cheshire Cat and Queen of Hearts styles, and here’s how I made them..
• Cotton gingham fabric
• Ribbon for handles
• Fusible interfacing
• Cut out card templates for the felt shapes
• Draw around these onto the paper backing for the fusible interfacing
• Iron onto the felt
• Cut out felt to shape
• Iron onto gingham cotton fabric
• Cut out gingham to shape
• Sew sides and bottom of shape to party bag fabric, leaving the top open to
form the pocket
• With right sides together, sew up both sides (and bottom if necessary) of bag
• Turn over top hem and sew top hem and ribbon handles
• Add a few sweet favors and we’re ready for a Wonderland style Tea Party!