Today I've got a pattern review for a new dress design from one of my sweet sponsors, Seamingly Smitten.
I was given a copy of the Kate Dress PDF Pattern to try out. This dress is an A-Line style that doesn't require any zippers or buttons and is for any sewing skill level. Features like inverted pleats at the neckline and handy pockets add nice details.
I liked how the dress design fits a wide variety of body shapes and how well it worked with prints and fabrics of all sorts - that's a must for patterns in my book. The encouraging instructions & photos of each step made things simple too.
I did have to add some extra pleats at the sides of the neckline since I'm on the petite side, but no other alterations were required (unlike my usual experiences with the big name patterns).
In the spring/summer it works as a sheath dress on its own, but add a jacket & boots and it can work well for fall too:
Seamingly Smitten also has some new patterns for the kids: the Boy's Cargo Pocket Vest Pattern which contains sizes from 3 months all the way to 10 years:
As well as this versatile Cozy Hooded Cape for the little ladies:
Brand new styles or old favorites, all Seamingly Smitten patterns have:
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step directions
- Photos for each step (no more guessing what the wording actually means!)
- Tutorial-style directions with helpful notes cheering you on
- Sizing charts to get the right fit
- No need for sergers, zippers or anything else - the usual "scares" of sewing.
- PDF format - simply print, cut and sew!
Definitely the features we all need to keep sewing when life is so busy!