You can never have too many coasters. Especially if you are like me and have no rules about where drinks are in the house. Yeah, I know that's bad, but that's a whole other issue. Laminated cotton keeps your furniture protected from all those nasty glass rings and wetness. Added bonus is they take next to no room to store since they are so flat, so go ahead & make a bunch!
This is easy for ANYONE who can sew a straight line.
1. Cut two 4"x4" squares of laminated cotton.
2. Then cut two identical squares out of tissue paper (I use remnant bits left from gift bags to keep it cheap).
3. With wrong sides of fabric facing place them together and then place a tissue square on either side.
4. Sew pieces together all the way around with a straight stitch using a 1/2" seam allowance.
5. Rip off the tissue and then about 1/4" from the stitching, carefully cut each side with pinking shears to get the cute zig-zag edge.
Seriously, that's it. Easy, fun and very useful. Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY for my Mommy & Me Apron Pattern. There will be two winners - why shouldn't one of them be you?? Click HERE to enter. Have a great weekend!!
Sharing this with my FAVE LINK PARTIES too so check them out HERE!