When my daughter began teething (and turning cranky to a new level), I did some research & discovered these Baltic amber necklaces which have been used in Europe of hundreds of years.
Amber is a natural analgesic (pain reliever) and anti-inflammatory. When it's worn on the skin, the skin’s warmth releases trace amounts of healing oils from the amber & these oils are absorbed into the skin to provide some relief. Definitely sounded better than teething gels & tablets and unlike the teether toys, this wouldn't end up on a dirty floor within seconds.
At first I was a little unsure of how well this would work, but I went ahead and bought one. When I saw that she seemed a lot less bothered even when teeth were popping up left & right, I became a believer.
And it didn't hurt that it looks cute too. She gets compliments on her pretty necklace all the time. I even bought one for myself & have noticed muscle soreness is a lot less severe if I've been wearing my mine.
I chose to shop at Inspired By Finn because they use a high quality of amber, knot their jewelry between each bead for safety and offer a large range of beautiful, natural colors, shapes & sizes. And even if you're not looking for pain relief, who doesn't like to wear lovely jewelry?
Inspired By Finn will be giving away an amber necklace to one lucky Sew Can Do reader. Here's how to enter:
- Visit Inspired By Finn and then come back & leave a comment saying which item is your favorite.
For additional entries (leave a separate comment for each one):
- Become a follower of Sew Can Do
- Become a fan of Sew Can Do on Facebook
- Become a fan of Inspired By Finn on Facebook
- Mention & link to this giveaway on Facebook or your blog
The giveaway will be open until 11:59PM EST February 26, 2010. I will announce the winner on February 28, 2010.
Want to get some amber jewelry RIGHT NOW? Inspired By Finn is offering Sew Can Do readers a 25% discount on ALL items! Just use the code: THEGREENHEDGEHOG during checkout.
OK. Now time to party! Go ahead & link up your own creation and it might be chosen as a featured project for next week! Here's how:
- As long as it's crafty and made by you it's Craftastic. Just add the link to your specific post (not the main page of your blog).
- Grab my party button & put it on your post or blog. The code's on the sidebar ->
- Check out some of the other great links and share some crafty comment love.
I'll now be leaving the party open until 11:59pmEST every Thursday, so there will be even more time to add your newest creations. Can't wait to see what you've got!