Here's a little last minute idea I whipped up to give to the grandmas - a cute little photo card that they can keep out long after Valentine's is over. That's usually the thing I hate about cards - unless you packrat stuff them in a drawer, never to be seen again (ahem, my mom), they just get tossed out. With this fan design, the Valentine's message can be removed, so this can be left out all year long.
I saw this flower paper & got it because I thought it would look great as something...just wasn't sure what. Although I'm a crafting geek, I'm not big on scrapbooking. I've tried, but just can't get into it, so this paper project had to be E-A-S-Y. Here's what I did:
1. I printed out a photo of each of the kiddies on matte photo paper and carefully cut their heads out.
2. I traced out a heart on the floral paper so a bloom would be in the center of each & cut them out.
3. I Mod Podged their faces onto the petal part of each flower.
4. I printed out my message and cut it out in a heart shape & stuck that on the pink heart upside down.
5. To attach the hearts so they would fan, I poked a small hole in the base of each piece & used a sew-on snap to keep them together so they could still move.
Now if grandma wants to keep her "little lovebuds" out, she can open the snap & take out the pink heart and it'll be sweet all year long.
I'm linking this with these great parties:
Poppies At Play's Creative Cats
Today's Creative - Get Your Craft On
Somewhat Simple's SYS Valentines
Life As Lori's Get Your Craft On
The Girl Creative's Just Something I Whipped Up
Fireflies & Jellybeans SYS
Treasures For Tots
Tip Junkie's Tip Me Tuesday